So, its been about a month since I last posted- alot has happened since then…
– Finished at Baylor- Packed up and said goodbye for the summer
– Got back my grades: B, B+, B+, A, A, and A!
– Traveled to Stavanger, Norway with my sister
– Was lazy and relaxed for a week
– Worked on a video for CCS Graduates
– Went to CCS 8th Grade Graduation
– Had a couple meetings about the internship
– Went to the actual CCS Graduation- Congrats Class of 09!
– Went to Tyler for a wedding- Congrats Evan and Angel!
– Had my first Sunday announced as the intern
– Attended a couple graduation parties- Congrats Josh and Jenny!
– Went to Senior Sendoff at church- Congrats CBC Class of 09!
It’s been a wonderful mix of rush and relaxation, laziness and living- And now I am starting the internship. And I’m excited. Stories to come later.
So, on my third day of the internship…
First day just got settled, started working on Deeper, met with JJ, Lindsee, and Greg Despres to talk about a missions conference hopefully occuring next spring, and went to the dollar store and Big Lots and got a bunch of stuff and covered Lindsee’s desk with junk- confetti, pirate stuff, huge screwdrivers, hula girl, tiara, TEMPT tanning lotion, a Baby Shower banner, a scale, jump ropes, and a picture of Bob from The Biggest Loser with a speech bubble- “Happy Birthday Lindsee! I think you’re the biggest… winner! Look at my abs, but don’t stumble!” That evening my family got back from Canada- nice to see them!
Second day got to see Lindsee’s reaction at her decorate desk! Was fun. Met with Northwest Houston’s network of youth pastors at Skeeters with the Student Ministries staff- JJ led the meeting, Greg spoke about the missions conference idea, another guy, Darin, spoke about an evangelism event that we could maybe do in the fall. Met a few youth ministry people- even saw Bryan Jackson! Came back and worked on Deeper stuff and went home to have dinner with the fam- Good day!
Third day- off to a meeting!